Cathedral of St. Ursen, Solothurn
by Stephan Boog
St. Ursen Cathedral has been built between 1762 and 1773 according to the plans of the Ticinese architect Gaetano Matteo Pisoni.
After the fire in January 2011 the cathedral shines in new lights after a 15 months’ extensive renovation. The new altar weighs 14 tons and is made of white Carrara marble.
The altar and the font are both made of marble; one has to approach quite close to see that it is not made of white fabric.
The pictures were taken with permission of the sacristan and not very easy to take because of the mixed light. The pictures were created using the HDR technique (5 pictures with different exposures per frame). Each panorama consists of 26 images that have been composed.
The images are the most impressive in full screen mode.